The mission of the Ronald W. Reagan Elementary community is to guarantee that each student maters the knowledge and skills necessary for personal excellence and develops character traits essential for responsible citizenship by engaging all students in diverse and challenging experiences in an innovative environment that exemplifies "heart".
- Each individual has worth.
- Individuals are responsible for their actions.
- Our greatest resource is people.
- Diversity enriches life.
- All people can learn.
- High expectations promote higher achievement.
- Achievement builds self-esteem; self-esteem promotes achievement.
- All people are entitled to a safe, caring and respectful environment.
- Responsible risk-taking is essential for growth.
- Excellence is worth the investment.
- Educated and involved citizens are necessary to sustain our democratic society.
- Public education benefits the entire community and is the shared responsibility of all.
- Schools are accountable to the community.
- Shaping and developing character is the shared responsibility of the individual, family, school, and community.
REAGAN STRATEGIES AND RESULTS:
STRATEGY 1: We will develop and implement plans to increase engagement.
- Implement plans to develop stronger staff relationships.
- Foster staff recognition throughout the building among administration, certified staff, and classified staff.
- Increase connections between staff, students, and parents outside the school day.
- Develop a system for parents to connect with other parents in the building.
- Increase student engagement.
STRATEGY 2: We will develop and implement plans to accommodate growth.
- Reorganize the schedule and resources to best meet student needs.
- Communicate Reagan's plan for growth.
STRATEGY 3: We will develop and implement plans to increase student achievement.
- Establish effective uses of technology.
- Increase student achievement in science.
- Increase student achievement in math.
- Increase student achievement in reading
- Develop a school wide writing culture.
STRATEGY 4: We will develop and implement plans to teach students to be effective problem solvers in order to be responsible citizens and life-long learners.
- Implement BIST as a school wide behavior sills education program, including elements from PBIS.